How to add liquidity on Uniswap?
Step-by-step guide on how to provide liquidity for ORBS on Uniswap.
This article will walk you through the steps of adding liquidity to the ORBS/ETH pool on Uniswap. Want to learn more about Orbs on Uniswap? You can read the announcement article here.
What do you need to add liquidity to the pool?
One of the wallets supported by Uniswap (MetaMask, WalletConnect, Coinbase Wallet, Fortmatic or Portis).
ORBS and ETH on the same address. The pool ratio is 50% ORBS and 50% ETH, so for every 100$ worth of ORBS you would need to deposit 100$ worth of ETH. There is no option to add single asset, only both together.
~5-10 minutes of your time.
1. Go to https://app.uniswap.org/
2. Connect your wallet and navigate to “Pool” section on the menu:
3. Choose “Add Liquidity”
4. Click “Select a token”
5. Click on “Change” at the bottom, to get access to a token list, where ORBS is listed.
6. Select the “CMC200 ERC20” or “CoinGecko” list. Both would work.
7. Search for “ORBS” in the search field, you should be able to see ORBS token show up in the results!
8. Click “Approve ORBS” and confirm the transaction in your wallet. Once the transaction is confirmed, “Supply” button will become available, then “Confirm Supply”.
9. That's it! After the last transaction is confirmed on Ethereum blockchain, you will receive pool tokens that can then be redeemed for a share of generated fees and getting your coins back any time.
Below are the official addresses for Uniswap liquidity pool. Make sure that the address matches to avoid being scammed and losing money to fraudulent pools.
Liquidity Pool address: https://app.uniswap.org/#/add/ETH/0xff56Cc6b1E6dEd347aA0B7676C85AB0B3D08B0FA
Pool Token address: https://etherscan.io/token/0xc98b3b8c7cc0d7d925d1a407347b845d9f001391
Other articles from the series:
ORBS on Uniswap - and what's next?
Introduction to Automated Market Makers and Liquidity Pools on Uniswap.
More coming soon!
This series of articles is written within the framework of an educational project of Orbs DeFi Portal by Paradigm Ecosystem. Read about the project here.
Paradigm is an ecosystem comprised of a venture fund, research agency and accelerator focused on crypto, DLT, neuroscience, space technologies, robotics, and biometrics — technologies that combined together will alter how we perceive the reality.
Orbs is a blockchain infrastructure-as-a-service built for large scale consumer applications to meet their business and technological requirements. It is the first public permissionless network with hybrid architecture suitable for real businesses.
If you have any questions on how to add liquidity to Orbs or about the upcoming Orbs De-Fi portal, you are more than welcome to get in touch! We are always available in the Orbs Telegram chat.
This is not an investment advice.